Special Virtual After School Program
Online school is tough, but online art classes are fun!
Join our temporary virtual after school program to get a taste of our after school classes. Just $5 per class! This program will run for as long as Toronto students are doing remote learning. Try one class or more!
Click register below to get started
After School Program for creative learners
In-studio after school fun
Our after school art program on the Danforth in Toronto is so much more than art classes, we build a community of creative learners in our neighbourhood art school. We offer after school pick up from local schools (St. Brigid’s Catholic School and Earl Beatty Public School only this year), a caring environment with professional teachers, integration of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and a snack to make it easy for you to carry on with your day.
We help children in our after school program build key life skills: problem solving, analysis, public speaking, and how to be a good friend. Most importantly, we help to increase self esteem as they develop their skills and deepen connections to their community.
We are closely following all public health protocols, ensuring distancing and with daily health screening.
We’ll still have fun, of course. Making art in the studio and spending time outdoors, exploring local neighbourhoods and parks.
Following all public heath guidelines
Mature artist educators who lead with empathy
Engaging Art Lessons
Get kids being creative kids again
Our after school art program helps young learners explore their creativity. Each day includes outdoor time, snack time, and a choice of art lessons. Students are welcome to join at any point through the school year, if we have space available. Students develop their art skills, exploring a variety of mediums, and will curate their own work for our art shows!
Our Covid-19 Adaptations
As with most businesses, we have had to make several significant changes to our procedures to try to keep students and staff as safe as possible. Please see our list of changes below.
- Schools. We offer pick up for students from St. Brigid’s and Earl Beatty. In order to reduce direct contacts, students will be placed in a cohort with students from their school.
- Fees. With these changes and the challenges we’ve faced this year, we have to increase our fees for the first time in 3 years. Monthly fees by day option listed below.
- Space. We have redesigned our entire studio space to accommodate distancing and provide each student with their own table, with clear physical barriers between students.
- Tools. Students will be given their own toolkit (drawing tools, paint brushes, etc) to be kept at the studio. Any shared tools will be disinfected after each use.
- Days. In order to reduce the number of contacts for students and staff, the program is only available for set day options: 2 days (TTh), 3 days (MWF), or 5 days (MTWThF).
- Hours. To allow for sufficient time for disinfecting and staff changes before our evening classes, our after school program will now end at 5:30pm.
Ready to Register?
Click on register below or click on waitlist if you want to be first to know of future openings.
Already registered with us in the past? Click here to login to our portal and register there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for a daytime school program?
We will offer a daytime education support program for students engaged in remote learning through their school board.
See all our class options available, click here:
We have in-person and online art classes for all ages at Create Art Studio. Click the button to learn more